East Race Waterway is 1 hour ahead, so it opens at 11:00am our time and closes at 2:45pm our time. They do not take reservations. It will be least crowded at 11:00am.
Scouts must know how to swim in order to attend.
South Bend, Indiana East Race Waterway
East Race Waterway rules:
- Rubber soled shoes with heel strap are required. Flip flops and sharp jewelry/objects are not permitted.
- All equipment is provided.
- Required height for rafting is 54″.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult in the raft.
- The East Race runs at a Class 2 rafting and is 1,900 feet. (Class Two: Some rough water, maybe some rocks, small drops, might require maneuvering.)
- It is recommended you bring an extra set of clothes and towels – you will get wet! Note: There are no changing rooms, but a handicap accessible restroom facility is available along with an outdoor rinse shower.
- Kayakers are welcome on the East Race, but must supply their own equipment.