2022 High Adventure Survey
We need to move quickly to choose a High Adventure option and date, or they’ll be booked by other Troops! Please read through the following questions and enter your answers on the bottom of the page NO LATER THAN 8 pm on Monday, Nov. 8, 2021.
- 14 years old or 13 and have completed 8th grade
- Demonstrated physical fitness during training activities
- Subject to Adult Leader Approval
- Both options:
- Leave from Camp Ma-Ka-Ja-Wan, which is a 4.5 hour drive from Lake Zurich.
- Start on 7/31, and return to Lake Zurich late on 8/6.
- Note: Owasippe ’22 is 7/17 – 7/23
Option #1 – Hike the Porcupine Mountains
Enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime backpacking trip to one of the few remaining expansive wilderness areas in the Midwest, the famous Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park.
Cost: $450 per person
Option #2 – Canoe the Flambeau River Flowage
Travel through the pristine wetland areas into the Turtle-Flambeau Scenic Waters Area. Note: This is not a “float” trip: it can be strenuous, with at least 5 – 6 hours of paddling per day.
Cost: $465 per person