Grant Pilgrimage – Apr. 22 – 24, ’22
This is the 68th year of the Grant Pilgrimage, one of the biggest Scouting events in the Midwest.
What to do?
- Trail Hike: Start with a map & 16-18 questions, find answers around Galena. Find them all, get a patch! Length: 5 miles
- Bucket Brigade competition: which Scout Patrol/Troop can put out fire fastest by passing buckets of water down the line?
- History Hunt: Like the Trail Hike above, but focused on Generals.
- Civil War Battle
- Parade (we can march in it!)
- Tour Galena & US Grant Museum
What do you get?
- See list above
- Admission to the event, including Civil War encampment
- Admission to the Galena & US Grant Museum
- Shuttle bus from downtown to parking (less walking!)
Register ASAP; we need final numbers by Fri. 4/1 so we have enough campsites for all of us
Schedule for Sat. 4/23
8:00am – 12:00pm – Registration
8:00am – 1:00 pm – Regular Trail Hike
9:00am – 11:00 am – Bucket Brigade Relay
8:30am – 12:00pm – Cub Scout Activity Area – Grant Park
8:30am – 12:00pm – Crafter Activity Area – Grant Park
8:30am – 1:00 pm – Trading Post Open – Turner Hall
9:00am – 11:30 – History Hunt
11:30am – Civil War Battle along River below Hwy 20 Bridge.
1:00pm – Parade line up begins
1:30pm – Flag raising and Parade in Market House Square
2:00pm – 4:00 pm – Resume Regular Trail Hike
2:00pm – 5:00 pm – Trading Post Open – Turner Hall
4:00pm – Catholic Service at St Mary’s Church
4:00pm – Non-Denominational Service 1st United Methodist
5:30pm – Catholic Service St Michael’s Church
We’ll meet at the Legion at 5:00 on Friday. Be sure you’ve eaten lunch and have the proper gear for the weekend’s weather. We plan to return to the Legion by ~ 11:00 am on Sunday.
If you’re interested in more details, click here