Whitewater Rafting – East Race Waterway
Scouts must be swimmers. Any scout under 16 must be accompanied by an adult in the raft, so we will need adult help on this trip.
We will meet at the Legion at 8:00am on Sunday and then drive over to South Bend. We will stay for four hours and then drive back. On the way back, we will stop at Subway for food. We should be back at the Legion by 6:00pm.
Each run down the waterway costs $6. Bring money for Subway food as well as money for at least 3 runs.
- Rubber soled shoes with heel strap are required. Flip flops and sharp jewelry/objects are not permitted.All equipment is provided.
- Required height for rafting is 54″.
- Scouts under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult in the raft.
- The East Race runs at a Class 2 rafting and is 1,900 feet. (Class Two: Some rough water, maybe some rocks, small drops, might require maneuvering.)
- It is recommended you bring an extra set of clothes and towels – you will get wet! Note: There are no changing rooms, but a handicap accessible restroom facility is available along with an outdoor rinse shower.
- Kayakers are welcome on the East Race, but must supply their own equipment.